CBSE Class 10th, 12th Practical Exams 2023: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on 23 october announced that the practical exams and internal assessments for classes 10 and 12 in winter bound schools will begin in November 2022. The notice is available on the official CBSE website — cbse.gov.in.
According to the official notice, the practical exams, project and internal assessments for classes 10 and 12 for winter bound schools will begin from November 15 and conclude on December 14. However, the Board has added that these practical exam dates are specifically for winter bound schools, and not regular session schools.
As per provisions of Examination Bye-Laws/Scheme of Studies of the Board, the Practical Examinations/Project/Internal Assessment for the session 2022-23 are scheduled from 1st January 2023 for all affiliated schools in India and abroad. However, the schools situated in the winter bound areas are expected to remain closed during the month of January due to the winter season. Accordingly, the Practical Examinations/Project/Internal Assessment for the session 2022-23 for both classes X and XII for winter-bound schools are to be conducted from 15th November 2022 to 14th December 2022,” the letter reads.
The board has also issued instructions for schools to facilitate smooth conduct of practical exams. Meanwhile, theory papers for the 2023 batch will begin in February. The detailed date sheet is expected soon.
CBSE Practical Exam for Class 10, 12: Important Guidelines
- The Practical Examinations/ Project/ Internal Assessment shall be conducted strictly in accordance with the details and guidelines given on the Board’s academic website.
- The schools may check and acquaint themselves and the examiners with the maximum marks for each subject from the Curriculum Document.
- The marks in respect of all Practical Examinations/Project/Internal Assessments shall be uploaded simultaneously from the date of the start of the practical examinations.
- The uploading of marks shall be completed by last date of respective class. No extension of the dates shall be considered by the Board.
- To ensure fair and just assessment, Practical Examinations/ Project Assessments should invariably be conducted in two or three sessions in a day if the number of students is more than 20.
- In the case of Fine Arts, examination/assessment shall invariably be conducted in two sessions in respect of each student.
- While uploading the marks, School, the Internal Examiner and the External Examiner (as the case may be) shall ensure that correct marks are uploaded as no correction in the marks will be allowed once marks are uploaded.
- Schools and Examiners shall, while awarding/uploading marks, also keep in mind maximum marks allotted for Practical/Project/Internal Assessment as per guidelines issued by the CBSE.