T20 World Cup 2022: Zimbabwe on Thursday defeated Pakistan by one run in a T20 World Cup Super 12 clash at the Optus Stadium in Perth. After elected to bat first, Zimbabwe started brightly, but Pakistan made a strong comeback to restrict them to a total of 130/8. Pakistan after chasing a target of 131, Pakistan faltered as none of their batters, barring Shan Masood (44), could score above 22. Pakistan ultimately managed 129/8 in 20 overs. This was Pakistan’s second defeat in two games and their road to the semifinal has become difficult now.
How Pakistan can qualify for T20 World Cup semi-finals after bitter defeat to Zimbabwe
- Firstly of all, Pakistan needs to win all their remaining three matches.
- Secondly, the men in green must win all three matches by a big margin to maintain a healthy net run rate.
- Thirdly, they must hope that other results go their way- including South Africa losing to India and Pakistan.
- Zimbabwe losing their remaining two matches out of three (versus India, Netherlands, and Bangladesh)
- Further, they must hope that Bangladesh lose another game.
Here are the remaining fixtures in Group 2, Super 12 stage
- October 30 — Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, Netherlands vs Pakistan and India vs South Africa
- November 2 — Zimbabwe vs Netherlands and India vs Bangladesh
- November 3 — Pakistan vs South Africa
- November 6 — South Africa vs Netherlands, Pakistan vs Bangladesh and India vs Zimbabwe