JK Bank LADLI BETI Scheme Check Features And Eligibility.
- A Jammu & Kashmir Government sponsored social assistance scheme meant for new born girl child of the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakhborn on or after 01st April 2015. The objective of the scheme is to arrest the declining female sex ratio. The scheme further intends to ensure that the girl child does not become a burden for the parent or guardian at the time of her marriage.
- The scheme is a hybrid deposit plan having two phases:
Phase I: A recurring deposit for 14 years having date of completion as one month after the last installment received in the account.
Phase II: A Cumulative Term Deposit (CCR) for 07 years.
- The monthly contribution of Rs.1000/= in Phase-I is made by the J&K Govt.
- Recurring deposit account under this scheme shall be opened by the natural or legal guardian of the girl child.
- A contribution of Rs. 1000/- per month will be made by J&K Government from the birth of the girl child / account opening date for the next 14 years. (A total of Rs. 168000/- only will be contributed by the UT.)
- No credits other than monthly contribution of Rs. 1000/- by J&K Government is to be allowed in Phase I (RD Account)
- After the maturity of Phase I (recurring deposit account) the account will graduate to Phase II (Cumulative Term Deposit account).
- No partial drawls or Foreclosure will be allowed under any circumstances during any phase.
- Maturity benefits under the scheme will be paid to the beneficiary on completion of 21 years of age or 21 years after the first installment or 85 months after the last installment whichever is later by crediting the saving bank account of the girl child. However, the girl child is at liberty to reinvest the amount in any deposit plan of the bank at card rates.
- Nomination facility will not be applicable in scheme. In an unfortunate event of the death of the girl child, the account will be closed immediately and the balance amount along with interest accrued will revert to the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh;
- In the event of death of the beneficiary before she attains 21 years of age, the amount in the Recurring Deposit account / Term Deposit account shall be closed before maturity without pre payment charges.
- The account opened at a particular branch may not be transferred to any other branch even if the girl child in whose name the account stands shifts to a place other than the city or locality where the account stands.
- The beneficiary / parent or guardian of beneficiary shall produce ‘life certificate of the beneficiary (girl child)’ certified by a gazetted officer or by the principal of school/ college where she is enrolled before the concerned bank branch after every three years and at the time of maturity.
- As scheme is aimed at households having annual income less than 75000/- The TDS shall not be deducted as long as the guardian / beneficiary furnishes form 15G/15H every year and has a valid PAN
- Girl Child born on or after 01/04/2015 whose applications are complete in all respect accompanied with sanction letter from Child Development Project Officer (CDPO) of the selected domiciliary district (Srinagar, Anantnag, Budgam, Jammu, Kathua, Pulwama, Samba, Kishtwar).
- Girl child born to parents whose annual income from all sources is less than Rs 75000
- Application Form
- KYC Norms of Parent/ Guardian
- sanction letter from Child Development Project Officer
I want to join this scheme , I have a daughter. Her date of birth is 8 october 2017
I also want to join this scheme, I have a daughter her dob is 1st august 2019
I have.a three daughter’s
Dob.1/6/2016 & 6/3/2018. & 1/4/2022.
i belongs to district Ganderbal want to join this scheme
How to apply fot it and what documents do i need
I want to join this scheme
I have a daughter but I belong to district ganderbal
I want to join this scheme,i have a
daughter.Her date of birth is 15/04/2016
I want to joint this scheme I have daughter . Her date of birth 29 12 2022
My monthly income from all sources is below 75000 Rs , thus my daughter namely Pareesa Showkat should be included in this scheme
I am interesting in this bcuz I have two daughter’s their D.O.B is 01/07/2021,but I was not found my district Baramulla in this scheme.
Please let me know about this.
I want to join this scheme, i have a daughter her date of birth is 06/10/ 2022
i have a daughter she is near about 4 years,But i was not aware about this scheme.can i be a part of this scheme