The Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (JKBOSE) Syllabus for Class 11th Psychology is released here, students can download the PDF of JKBOSE Syllabi for their paper from the PDF Link given below here, The Syllabus comprises of 100 Marks – 70 Marks comprises Theory whereas 30 Marks are for Practical work.
|INTRODUCITON TO PSYCHOLOGY||9 marks|
|METHODS IN PSYCHOLOGY||5 marks|
|THE BASIS OF HUMAN BEHAVIOUR||7 marks|
|HUMAN DEVELOPMENT||7 marks|
|SENSORY, ATTENTIONAL AND PERCEPTUAL PROCESSES||7 marks|
|MEMORY AND FORGETTING||8 marks|
|THINKING AND LANGUAGE||6 marks|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
INTRODUCITON TO PSYCHOLOGY
- Nature and scope of Psychology.
- Brief historical background of Psychology.
- Branches of Psychology: Educational, Social, Abnormal, Experimental, Clinical, Industrial Land Cognitive Psychology.
- Schools of thought in Psychology: Structuralism, Functionalism, Behaviorism and Psychoanalysis.
METHODS IN PSYCHOLOGY
- Observation, Experimental, Survey & Case Study method.
- Psychological Testing and its characteristics: Reliability & validity.
THE BASIS OF HUMAN BEHAVIOUR
- Biology of behavior: Structure and functions of Nervous system.
- Locations and functions of endocrine systems & its effect on behavior.
- Heredity and Behaviour: Genes and Chromosomes.
- Socio- cultural basis of behavior: Family, Neighborhood and School.
- Meaning of growth and development.
- Factors influencing development.
- Overview of development stages: Infancy, Childhood, Adolescence, Adulthood and Old Age.
SENSORY, ATTENTIONAL AND PERCEPTUAL PROCESSES
- Meaning of Sensation, Attention and Perception.
- Laws of perceptual organization.
- Attentional processes Selective and Sustained Attention, Illusions.
- Sense Modalities: Visual and Auditory Modalities.
- Meaning and characteristics of Learning.
- Classical and Operant Learning, Observational Learning, Verbal Learning, Skill learning.
- Factors facilitating Learning, Transfer of Learning.
MEMORY AND FORGETTING
- Meaning of Memory & its components.
- Levels of processing: Sensory memory, Short- term memory, Long- term memory.
- Forgetting, Nature of Forgetting, Theories of Forgetting (Trace decay, Interference, Retrieval failure).
THINKING AND LANGUAGE
- Nature of thinking.
- Process of thinking, Reasoning, Problem solving and Decision making.
- Nature and process of creative thinking.
- Thought and Language, Development of Language and Language use.
- Meaning, Cycle of motivation.
- Biological Motives.
- Psycho- social motives: Achievement, Affiliation and Power.
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs.
- Meaning of emotion and its characteristics.
- Theories of emotion: James- Lange Theory, Cannon- Bard Theory.
- Emotional reactions: Happiness, Optimism, Anger and Fear.
PRACTICALS 30 marks
- Memory and forgetting by using memory drum.
- Learning: (Star shape) Bilateral transfer of learning.