|Mechanics and Structural analysis||15 Marks|
|Soil Mechanics||10 Marks|
|RCC Structures||15 Marks|
|Irrigation Engineering||10 Marks|
|Water supply and waste water Engineering||//|
|Construction planning management||15 Marks|
- Importance of surveying
- principles and classifications
- measurements of distance and directions
- chain surveying, compass surveying
- plane table surveying
Enter Password: jkyouth
Mechanics and Structural Analysis
- Concept of rigid body scalar and vector quantities
- laws of forces, moment, friction, center of gravity
- simple machines, torsion
- Properties of material
- Bending moment and shear force in statistically determinate beams.
- Simple stress and strain relationship.
- Stress and strain in two dimensions, principle stresses, stress transformation.
- Simple bending theory, flexural and shear stresses, unsymmetrical bending, shear centre.
- Thin walled pressure vessels, uniform torsion, buckling of column, combined and direct bending stresses.
- Slope and deflection, analysis of trusses.
- Concrete technology, Ingredients of concrete, water cement ratio, workability properties of concrete, admixtures, special concretes, Non destructive tests, basics of mix design.
- Concrete design-basic working stress and limit state design concepts, analysis of ultimate load capacity and design of members subjected to flexure, shear, compression and torsion by limit state methods.
- Basic elements of prestressed concrete, analysis of beam sections at transfer and service loads, one way slab, two way slab.
Origin of soils, properties, soil classification, three phase system, fundamental definitions, relationship and interrelationship, flow of water through soils, permeability & seepage, effective stress principle, deformation of soils, consolidation, compaction, shear strength characteristics, plate load test, SPT, Density control, Measurement of field density by core cutter and sand replacement method, soil exploration, bearing capacity and its methods
Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics
Properties of fluids, hydrostatic pressure, measurement of pressure, flow measurements, flow through pipes, flow through open channels, hydraulic pumps, principle of conservation of mass, momentum, energy and corresponding equations, potential flow, applications of momentum and Bernoulli’s equation, laminar and turbulent flow, flow in pipes, pipe networks.
Concept of boundary layer and its growth. Uniform flow, critical flow and gradually varied flow in channels, specific energy concept, hydraulic jump Forces on immersed bodies, flow measurements in channels, tanks and pipes. Dimensional analysis and hydraulic modeling Kinematics of flow.
Introduction, water requirement of crops, hydrological cycle, Dams, Canals, dams, canal head works and regulatory works, cross drainage works, hydraulic structures, river training works, water-logging, drainage, ground water recharge, well hydraulics.
Water supply and waste water Engineering
Introduction, quantity of water, quality of water, water treatment, conveyance of water, laying out of pipes, Building water supply, water supply fixtures and installation ,plumbing, sewerage system, laying and construction of sewers, sewage characteristics, Methods of disposal, sewage treatment , building drainage, air and noise pollution.
History of development of highway and planning ,Definitions of various terms used in highway engineering., Methods of road construction, IRC classification, Highway surveys and plans Geometric design, Different types of road materials in use, Binders, Types of pavement, CBR method, sub grade preparation, WBM, WMM, Bituminous Macadam, dense bituminous macadam, special problems in hill road.
History of Indian railways, Gauges used, permanent way its components, Types of rails, creep, welding, Rail fixtures and fastenings, Signaling, Points and Crossings, Bridge terminology, classification, components, foundations.
Constructional Planning Management
Network diagrams, PERT-CPM, cost optimization contracts, tenders, depreciation, valuation, organization, measurement books, cash book, functions of management, construction planning, quality control, inventory control, Estimation and costing definitions, methods of estimation and type of estimates