The Karnataka government has launched the SSP Pre Matric Scholarship 2023-24 program with the objective of providing financial aid to disadvantaged students in grades 9 and 10. This scholarship program is designed to offer direct financial support by transferring the scholarship funds directly into the bank accounts of eligible recipients.
The SSP Pre Matric Scholarship is open to students belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC). To access this scholarship, eligible students can complete their application process on the State Scholarship Portal, which is maintained by the Karnataka government. Applications for pre-matriculated scholarships can be submitted through the official website at bcwd.karnataka.gov.in.
- Candidates must belong to the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), or Other Backward Classes (OBC).
- Candidates should be currently enrolled in Class 9 or Class 10.
- The annual family income of the candidate should not exceed INR 1 lakh.
- Candidates must have attained a minimum of 50% marks in their most recent qualifying examination. Please note that Class 1 students are exempt from meeting this eligibility requirement.
- Candidates whose parents are not employed in regular jobs and are unable to provide essential necessities, including education for their children, are eligible for the scholarship.
- The candidate should be a domicile of Karnataka.
- College Registration Number / Student SATS ID
- Aadhaar Number
- Mobile Number
- National Scholarship Portal ID
- Income / Caste / EWS Certificate number in the name of the student
- e-Attestation Numbers
- Disability Card Number
- FRUITS ID (Applicable for students who are children of farmers)
- Email ID
- e-Attestation of fee receipt is not required for all students studying in Karnataka.
Application Process: Interested candidates should follow these steps to apply for the SSP Pre Matric scholarship:
- Visit the official website of the SSP Pre Matric scholarship.
- Create an account to initiate the registration process and select the ‘Pre-Matric’ option on the homepage.
- Enter your SATS ID and click on the ‘Get Data’ tab.
- Verify the displayed data, and if it’s correct, proceed by clicking ‘Yes.’
- Provide your mobile number to generate an OTP.
- Use the OTP to set a password according to the guidelines and click ‘Submit.’
- Each candidate will receive a unique user ID and password once the OTP is verified. These credentials will be sent to the registered mobile numbers.
How to Create an Account on SSP Scholarship Portal 2023-24:
- Visit the official website of the State Scholarship Portal (SSP).
- Choose the Pre Matric Scholarship option by clicking on the relevant link.
- Click on the ‘Create Account’ tab.
- Select ‘Yes’ if you have an Aadhaar number.
- Enter your Aadhaar details and click ‘Submit.’
- Provide your mobile number and email address.
- An OTP will be generated and sent to your registered mobile number.
- Fill in your basic information, including nationality, caste, and other required details.
- Save the information to create your account.
How to Log In: Candidates should use their generated ID and password to log in to the SSP Pre Matric Scholarship portal. On the students’ login page, provide essential information such as Aadhar details, caste certificate, income certificate, NSP ID, and all other mandatory personal details. Then, click on the ‘Save and Proceed’ button.
Department-wise Helpline Numbers:
- Scheduled Tribes Welfare Department: 080-22261789
- Department of Minority Welfare: 080-22535931
- E-Attestation/ Post Matric Scholarship queries for help desk: 080-35254757
- Department of Social Welfare: 9008400010 / 9008400078
- Department of Backward Classes Welfare: 080-8050770005
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Link Soon